Fish ResourcesApr 14, 2020 08:19 AM
Due to a lack of support by some services that I use very regularly, I have stopped using fish and have gone back to zsh.
I do a lot of work in the terminal. I understand that for many it's the lack of glitz and glamour that keeps people away from it, and while the majority of my computer usage is in some GUI, there are still many things that I can do much faster using a script that I can launch from my terminal.
Fish (Short for Friendly Interactive Shell) was a great attempt to add some modern-ness to the terminal environment. That said it has been around since the 90's as this boutique experience that some love, many ignore, and even more fear.
Well, fear not. Here are a few links that can help introduce you to fish and help you get out the gate quickly.
NOTE: This is just a list. I am not doing a review of these items.
- jorgebucaran/awesome-fish: A curated list of packages, prompts, and resources for the fish shell.
- joseluisq/gitnow: Speed up your Git workflow.
- laughedelic/pisces: ♓️Fish shell plugin that helps you to work with paired symbols in the command line
- fishpkg/fish-git-util: Convenient git utility functions for the fish shell
- rodrigobdz/fish-apple-touchbar: ⚡Supercharge your touchbar with fish 🐠
- jorgebucaran/fish-cookbook: Tips and recipes for fish, from shell to plate.
- The fish shell is awesome - Julia Evans
- The Fish Shell
- The fish Shell
- Branching out from Bash: Fishing expedition - BrettTerpstra.com
- Why you should give a chance to Fish shell - DEV Community 👩💻👨💻
Obligatory DDG Search
This isn't a complete list. If you find any that I should look into, let me know.